Many people are so uncomfortable with electricity that at the first sign of a problem they will call a professional for help. There is nothing wrong with this, as it ensures that you will be safe during an emergency. However, if you are not the type of person to call for help right away, then it’s important that you know the times that you do need the assistance of a professional. While there may be some issues that you feel comfortable handling on your own, there are some times that you will need to get professional help to ensure your safety.
There Are Exposed Wires
Any exposed wires in your home or around your property need to be addressed by a professional, as they are a clear sign that you have a major problem. Exposed wires can occur for a number of reasons, but they all offer the same dangers. They can not only electrocute you if you touch them, but they can also cause a fire. If anything flammable touches the exposed wires then it is very likely that you will soon be dealing with a fire, which is why it’s better to hire the experts at Electricians on Call at the first sign of this problem.
You Have Wires in Water
This normally doesn’t occur unless you have had extremely bad weather around your home, but it needs to be addressed immediately to ensure your safety. Wires can be knocked into water and lay in puddles around your home, and while this may not look particularly dangerous, it can cause electrocution or a fire if anything is in the water. Not only can touching this water cause you to become electrocuted, but if the wire accidentally brushes up against anything in the water, then it can spark and cause a fire.
Your Outlets Are Smoking
Problems with your outlets can quickly spread throughout your walls if you aren’t careful, which is why you need to get professional help when you notice this problem. Sparks in the outlets can cause the wall to feel hot, and some homeowners have reported hearing the sparks popping behind the wall. If there is smoke coming from your outlet, then it is a clear sign that there may be something burning in the wall. The first thing that you need to do is make sure that your circuit breaker is turned off and then you need to call a professional right away.
Emergency electricians who offer on-call hours can help you when you are faced with a major electrical problem. Getting professional help right away is the absolute best way to ensure that you are not going to be in danger and will help to protect not only your family, but also your home. Knowing who to turn to and who you can trust will keep your family as safe as possible. If you are experiencing an electrical emergency, then you need to get help immediately, and a professional electrician is the only one who can help.